Researcher at MTI (Music Technology and Innovation Center), De Montfort University, Leicester (UK) // composer // audiovisual artist
- e-mail : email@example.com
- Tel : (UK) 0044 7900618403
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/virgivie
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/virginie-viel-981b31a3/
- Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/virginieviel
- Former blog : http://virginieviel.over-blog.com
- Lives and works in Leicester (UK)
- Researcher, composer and visual artist (photography, video and audiovisual installations).
- Studied visual communication at School of Arts and Medias in Caen (FR) = Master of Arts with distinction.
Studied electroacoustic composition at the School of Arts in Mons, Belgium. (Teachers : A. Van de Gorne, P. Mion, I. Drese, B. Thigpen, R. Renouard-Larivière and E. Anderson) = Master of Music (electroacoustic composition)
- Since 2014 : Researcher in electroacoustic composition in Music Technology and Innovation Research Centre, at De Montfort University, Leicester (UK).
- Supervisors : John Young and Pete Batchelor
Research topic : Approaching acousmatic music from a visual art perspective.
- Spring 2016 : Composer-in residence, invitation of Robert Normandeau to compose a dome piece at the Université de Montréal, Canada. This project has been supported by the Graduate School Travel Award of De Montfort University and MTI Student Research funding.
- October 2016 to January 2017 : Erasmus Exchange with Ionian University, in Corfu, Greece. (supervision Theodoros Lotis) The project has been the support of the programme Erasmus+.
- Her acousmatic pieces have been played in Europe, North America and Australia. She is part of Séneçon, a collective of composers based in Brussels. She has collaborated with various artists and composers on audiovisual projects in Europe.
cf : (Montage avec Thibault Jehanne / Editing with Thibault Jehanne)