Composer // Visual artist // Researcher
- e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel : (UK) 0044 7900618403 / (GR) 0030 6993610383
- Twitter : https://twitter.com/virgivie
- Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/virginie-viel-981b31a3/
- Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/virginieviel
- Former blog : http://virginieviel.over-blog.com
- Lives and works in Athens (GR)
- PhD of Electroacoustic composition – former researcher at MTI (Music Technology and Innovation Centre), De Montfort University, Leicester (UK)
- Thesis : “Multiform visualisation : an approach to acousmatic music”
Supervisors : Pr. John Young and Dr. Pete Batchelor
- Interest in the transmodal relationship between the practice of drawing, music composition from a composer perspective.
- Currently works on artistic projects that combine electroacoustic music, instruments, visuals and culinary experience.
- Background : MA of Arts: School of Arts and Medias in Caen (FR), MA of
Electroacoustic composition : School of Arts in Mons (BE).
- My acousmatic pieces have been played accross Europe, America, Australia. I am a member of Séneçon, a collective of composers based in Brussels.
- I collaborated with various artists and composers on audiovisual projects in Europe.
cf : (Montage avec Thibault Jehanne / Editing with Thibault Jehanne)