Virginie Viel – Doctor in music composition
Composer // Visual artist // Researcher
Thesis : Multi-form visualisation : An approach to acousmatic composition
Supervision : Pr. John Young and Dr. Pete Batchelor
Location : MTI (Music Technology and Innovation Centre) De Montfort University, Leicester (UK)
Since 2019, I live and work in Athens (GR)
Among others, here are some of my artistic and research interests :
– MUSIC COMPOSITION and TRANSMODALITY = interaction between visual and aural perception in the composition and perception of music.
– HOW to transmit extra-aural sensations through music ?
– ACOUSMATIC COMPOSITION
– AUDIOVISUAL COMPOSITION
– COMPOSITION FOR LIVE PERFORMANCE involving music instruments, electroacoustic dance and visuals.
– HOW CULINARY EXPRIENCE can echo and be intertwined with music listening ?
– HOW CULINARY COMPOSITION can echo the compositional method I developed in my thesis. (elaboration of interactive and participative performance)
– Master of Arts: School of Arts and Medias in Caen (France)
– Master of Electroacoustic composition : School of Arts in Mons (Belgium)
– My acousmatic pieces have been played across Europe, America, Australia.
– I am a member of Séneçon, a collective of composers based in Brussels.
– Various collaborations with visual artists and composers on creative projects in Europe since 2008.
email : email@example.com
tel : +30 6993610383
Twitter : https://twitter.com/virgivie
Linkedin : https://www.linkedin.com/in/virginie-viel-981b31a3/
Soundcloud : https://soundcloud.com/virginieviel
Former blog : http://virginieviel.over-blog.com
cf : (Montage avec Thibault Jehanne / Editing with Thibault Jehanne)